826michigan is excited to offer a return to in-person programming in the 2022-2023 school year!
It is important that our program is accessible to as many students, families, and volunteers as possible. Please read through the following COVID-19 policies to make an informed choice about your participation in our in-person programs.
Please note that we have several virtual program options if you would prefer to participate in remote programming (including Wee-bots and After-school Writing Lab).
COVID-19 Safety Practices for 826michigan’s In-person Programs
Personal Protective Equipment
- We will have KN-95 masks and hand sanitizer available for use in all in-person programs.
- We will clean workspaces (tables, chairs) between program sessions.
- Monday tutoring at the Ypsilanti District Library: masks will be required for volunteers and staff, and strongly encouraged for students and family members.
- Tuesday tutoring at 826michigan’s Ann Arbor location: masks will be required for students, family members, volunteers, and staff.
Protect Yourself and Others
- Stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms. We are asking all students/families, volunteers, and staff to stay home if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have any reason to suspect that you have been exposed to the virus. Your student’s standing in the program will not be impacted due to COVID-19 related absences.
- To-go snacks will be offered. For both in-person programs, we will have a snack available that students can take home with them.
- COVID exposure notification. You will be notified directly if someone who has been in the space with you/your student tests positive within 24 hours of you being in the building. You will be notified via an email from the Executive Director.
- Get vaccinated! We strongly encourage all members of the 826michigan community to protect themselves against COVID-19 through vaccination. At this time, we do not have a vaccine requirement for our programs.
We appreciate your support in our efforts to offer safe and engaging programming in person.
If you have any questions about 826michigan’s COVID-19 safety practices, please contact Executive Director Megan Shuchman at email@example.com.