826michigan’s Wish List
We’re always accepting these items and can promise to put them to good use right away.
- First class postage stamps
- Plain white copier paper
- Frequent Flier miles for staff travel to 826 National meetings
- Gift cards to grocery stores like Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, or Kroger. $10 covers one afternoon of healthy snacks at one of our tutoring sites!
- Gift cards to local businesses like Nicola’s Books, Sam’s, or Peaceable Kingdom. 826michigan interns usually receive $20 gift cards to a local business to thank them for their service.
- Gift cards to office supply stores or general merchandise stores like Office Depot, Target, or Meijer.
- Pens and pencils
- Cleaning supplies
- Bathroom supplies
826michigan’s Maybe List
From time to time and under the right circumstances, the following items are also helpful. Please consult with a staff member before bringing us or purchasing for us any of these items.
- New computer or other electronic equipment
- Old magazines
- Newer upper level math and science textbooks
826michigan’s No Thank you List
We’re so grateful that people think of us when they come across these items, but we can’t put them to good use or have them in abundance already.
- Used computer or other electronic equipment
- Most textbooks
- “Robot parts” or metal/electronic scraps