Have you been by the Liberty Street Robot Supply
& Repair lately? Friends, this is only a very
SMALL SECTION of our Wild Window Display.
With all the excitement surrounding our pre-screening of Where the Wild Things Are on October 6 at the Michigan Theater (get your tickets on this website or at the Liberty Street Robot Supply & Repair starting Thursday, September 10, at noon), we decided to make a WEEK of it. The alliteration was too good to pass up. So today, we are thrilled to announce: The Week of Wild Things.
The wild rumpus begins:
1. Wednesday, September 30, with our monsterishously hilarious Pajama Pub Crawl. Join us as we meander the streets of Ann Arbor bedecked in our favorite PJs, wearing crowns and monster masks. Click here for more information, and to order tickets while they are still available!
2. Thursday, October 1, when monsterishously delicious Soup du Jour offers a special-for-us, Wild-Things-themed soup and sandwich combo, proceeds to benefit 826!
3. Friday, October 2, as the monsterishously divine Scott Beal invites students to join him at the Institute for Monster Studies, a poetry workshop for 8-11 year olds. (Sign up for this on the Fall Workshop Schedule. Registration begins on this very website next Wednesday, September 9, at 7pm.)
4. Saturday, October 3, when the monsterishously brilliant Matthew Shlian teaches students to make monster-y pop-up books, an exercise in making paper scary for 9-12 year olds. (Sign up for this on the Fall Workshop Schedule. Registration begins on this very website next Wednesday, September 9, at 7pm.)
5. Sunday, October 4, as our monsterishously mysterious (at least at this moment) prize drawing is held. People who purchase four or more tickets for the pre-screening of Where the Wild Things Are will automatically be entered. What do they win? We’re not sure yet,, but it will happen on this day, and it will be good.
6. Monday, October 5, when monsterishously tasty Zingerman’s Deli creates a one-of-a-kind, only-for-us sandwich, proceeds to benefit us!
And finishes up:
7. Tuesday, October 6, at the monsterishously monumental Michigan Theater for the pre-screening of Where the Wild Things Are. Many of you probably know by now that 826 founder Dave Eggers co-wrote the screenplay for this film, and therefore, all seven 826s get special pre-screenings before the movie is even released!
Once again: tickets will be released Thursday, September 10, at noon. They will be available at that time on our website and in our store, the Liberty Street Robot Supply & Repair. We have an INCREDIBLY limited number of seats, so this WILL SELL OUT. Dave Eggers will be in attendance for a Q&A, and we’ll have a small number of VIP tickets for people who want to come to the movie and go to the exclusive afterparty at Grange with Dave.
See you back here in almost exactly one week!