Have you been to the Monster Union, Local 826, lately? Let’s just say it’s come a long way.
Things You Can Buy at the Monster Union:
- Ducks of the Darned
- Springheeled Minis
- Jars of Monster Drool
- Small- and Medium-sized Monsters
- Five Eggs, One Cracked
- Monster Mugs
- Kankakee Valley Community Theatre Players Monster Finger Puppets
- Monster Journals
- A brain in a pot (while supply lasts!)
We Also Have a Number of Publications:
- 826 publications from 826michigan, 826LA, 826NYC, and 826 Valencia! Quarterlies! Student anthologies!
- McSweeney’s! Back issues at ridiculous prices! (And yes, we have the one with the comb.)
- The Believer! Again, back issues at ridiculous prices! (Including music issues.)
And, More Specifically:
- The Future Dictionary of America! (In which a bunch of famous people make up new definitions to words. Comes with a CD featuring Tom Waits, The Flaming Lips, Elliott Smith, David Byrne, Death Cab for Cutie, REM, and more!)
- 826michigan’s student publications: Suddenly My Heart Stopped for Just a Small Portion of Time: Defining Moments and Vacansopapurosophobia: The Fear of a Blank Page.
- Noisy Outlaws! (In which a bunch of famous writers lend their student-friendly short stories, including Lemony Snicket and Neil Gaiman.)
- The Weight of Nothing and Walter Falls! (In which 826michigan’s founder, Steve Gillis, weaves thrilling tales.)
- Unsquared: Ann Arbor Writers Unleash Their Edgiest Stories and Poems! (In which famous and up-and-coming writers do exactly what the subtitle implies.)
- I Might Get Somewhere! (In which students from 826 Valencia tell their immigration and migration stories.)
- 20-18-1-16-16-5-4: The Encyclopedia of Escape! (In which students from 826NYC unfurl tales of the heartbreak, embarrassment, and dangers of childhood.)
- …and more!
So come on in! The Scream Machine is still out of order, but we’re working on it. Also, just in time for Valentine’s Day…nothing says “I love you” like a glow-in-the-dark Duck of the Darned!
Scream Machine, flanked
by a sampling of our books.
Kankakee Valley Community
Theatre Players stick together.
Did we mention we have one
brain in a pot? Mr. Blotch claims
it came from his cat, but we
have no idea how the pot
got into the cat’s head.