Regardless of whether or not Art Fair makes you want to gouge your eyes out, if you live in Ann Arbor, you can’t avoid it.* So why not make ACTUAL ART during Art Fair? (I.e., no art on sticks, no gazing balls, no paintings for your grandparents’ condo in Florida.)
* It should be noted: now that we are downtown, we actually LOVE Art Fair. TONS of people from all over the country stopped into 826michigan last year, learned about our programs, and bought supplies for their robots. It was WILDLY fun. We are excitedly anticipating Art Fair this year.
And so: We invite you to participate in the first ever Yet-to-be-officially-titled Art Fair Film Festival!
We’ve teamed up, once again, with our good friends over at HuRAI (Huron River Arts Initiative) to bring you YET ANOTHER fun, unusual night out. (Yes, this is the same group of people who helped us with 24-Hour Theater and the Love Hangover.) We are currently seeking filmmakers, artists, writers, actors, and other creative types to make short films that honor, roast, poke fun at, and exemplify the beast we all know as Art Fair.
Movies can be in any genre! This includes: horror, mockumentary, documentary, musical, spaghetti western, dramady, comema,
action, romantic comedy, gangster, animation, epic, silent, foreign, or anything else you can think of.
Basic criteria / other information:
- Movies must be made the week of Art Fair: Monday, July 13 through Saturday, July 18 at noon.
- Movies must be delivered to 826michigan by noon on Saturday, July 18 on DVD.
- Movies must be no longer than fifteen minutes.
- Movies can be made individually or in teams. If you need help coming up with a team, we can do that.
- Movies must be original. You can’t videotape the last ten minutes of The Godfather and say it’s an Art Fair film (although there are many aspects of that which we would deeply appreciate).
- No NC-17 films. Shoot for something PG-13 or under.
- Yes, there will be an awards ceremony with ready-to-frame certificates. We’re not sure what the awards will be yet, but we do know you’ll want one.
For answers to questions or to sign up you and/or someone you know to participate, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And everyone! Mark your calendars! Please come to the screening of the films: Saturday, July 18 at 8pm at 826. Bring your friends! (And $5 for admission.)