One of the best things about running an 826 chapter in southeast Michigan is our proximity to the wonderful Zingerman’s Community of Businesses. In addition to fresh, locally-sourced, endlessly mouthwatering foods, Zingerman’s offers top-notch professional development through ZingTrain, and regularly gives back to the local community through community partnerships. With 826michigan, these partnerships have taken a few forms. For instance, Zingerman’s has:
- provided 826michigan with grant funds to complete inclusion and equity training,
- led our local and national teams in visioning, leadership, and organizational trainings under the guidance of Zingerman’s founders Ari Weinzweig and Paul Saginaw,
- donated so much incredibly gorgeous and delicious food in support of our programs and special events—especially our annual Storymakers Dinner—(Chef Alex Young is a MASTER),
- written the foreword to one of our Young Author’s Book Projects Enjoy: Recipes for Building a Community (thanks, Ari!),
- and been all around great neighbors, friends, and business leaders—right in our backyard.
That’s not to mention the extra 826 time that Toni Morell, Managing Partner of Zingerman’s Mail Order, puts in as PRESIDENT of the 826 National board and the careful attention and engagement we receive from the incomparable Robby Griswold of Zingerman’s Community Partnerships. Our work at 826michigan is better because of our strong partnership with Zingerman’s and the amazing resources they bring to our community.
If you have yet to experience any level of Zingerman’s for yourself, commit now to tasting one of the most awesome food and hospitality adventures of your life! The Zingerman’s team is incredible and what they offer is equally outstanding.
Thank you, Zingerman’s Community of Businesses. We celebrate you as our June 2017 Supporter of the Month!