Hello! Happy Friday. I hope this blog finds you well. We wanted to share something with you today, but we didn’t know what it was, initially. A quick five-minute brainstorm elicited enough good things to share that I’ve made an executive decision. That’s right: Bullet-pointed list.
- Tutoring! Do we still have it? YES! Is it still FREE? YES! We are quite pleased to tell you that we have a TON of tutors right now: Eager, creative, intelligent, caring tutors, just waiting to work with your kids! Tutoring happens, as ever, Monday through Thursday from 3:30 to 5:30pm. It’s a drop-in program, so come whenever there’s work that needs to be done! Call us if you have questions!
- Don’t Stay Up So Late: A Treasury of Bedtime Stories, our new in-school publication, was delivered to the printer yesterday! That means that in just six short weeks, we’ll hold a gorgeous, hardcover, fully illustrated collection of fables, make believes, mysteries, and tall tales in our mitts. All written by about a hundred and fifty students participating in our In-school Residency at Erickson Elementary in Ypsilanti! We’ll have more details on the release party soon.
- Mustache-a-Thon IV wrap-up! We concluded our fourth hair-(and fund-)raising event on Monday night. Melanie Maxwell at Annarbor.com has put together a beautiful slide show of all our growers. Check it out here! Thanks, Melanie! And thanks also to our growers, who managed to raise over nine thousand dollars for our free student programs!
- Spring Workshop Schedule. It’s *almost* full. Click here to sign up for workshops, before it’s too late!
- Great Lakes, Great Times Reading Series. It happens next Saturday, April 24, at 7pm here at 826. This free reading series features the incomparable Deb Olin Unferth, the talented Jeff Parker, and the amazing Kendra Grant Malone. Our advice? Get here early. This event will be packed! And THEN:
- Join us the next day, April 25, for an Adult Writing Seminar! That’s right, we’ve added another workshop to our How to Write Like I Do series for adults. We are thrilled to present: Deb Olin Unferth/A Lot Less: Writing a Very, Very Short Story. Click here for more details and to register.
National Poetry Month is still going strong on our website. Check out our daily poems here.
Aaaaand don’t forget to follow our twitter feed. In addition to news, events, anecdotes, and more, we publish one 826oneforty submission every day!
Okay, I think we’ll let you digest that for a while. There’s information on the Seven AM Challenge, which Eric, our tutoring intern, and I completed this week, here, in a quite lengthy Annarbor.com blog. Have a great weekend!